Star Nine Venture Careers
The broad scope of projects we're invested in requires that our employees be especially adept at adding value across a number of different mediums. We're a venture creation start-up, operating with the mindset that putting together the right group of people is what makes great work happen.
Send application, cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference the job title for which you are applying.
Star Nine Marketing, inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition or ancestry, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful.Application Download
B2C National Account Manager
We're looking for a tenured B2C networker, someone who can interpret a well-researched business opportunity and bring the right people together to see it to fruition. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent forecasting and analytical skills and accurately manage our marketing budget for new projects while maximizing ROI.
- Drive revenue, growth and profitability within retail and e-commerce channels
- Develop and maintain strong account relationships with buyers, marketing managers, merchandising managers, and senior executives
- Negotiate promotional marketing programs and annual contracts
- Coordinate the development and implementation of sales promotions and programs
- Manage new product introductions, forecasting, sell-through, and account logistics
- 2+ years in national B2C sales
- Excellent personal communication skills
Our range of initiatives allows us to hire in- and out-of-house writers who can play the role of both specialist and generalist. We work with each individual to find their proper niche in our operation, arranging each employment opportunity to meet the goals and interests of both parties.
Job Responsibilities for In-House Position
- Work with writing team on full scale of each project, bringing it from an idea to a final product
- Proofread and edit content on assignment
- Brainstorm and execute new ideas and creative outlets
Job Responsibilities for Out-of-House Position
- Generate articles based on specific assignments
- Take part in editing process
Job Requirements for both Positions
- Extensive background in marketing, educational or technical writing, creative writing, or journalism
- Ability to work well with others
- Clear and direct drive to bring innovative ideas to fruition
- Ability to meet deadlines and turn work around quickly
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility for the quality of each assignment
- Understanding of how each individual's work plays into the overarching project
Special attention will be given to applicants with experience writing for SEO.
We're looking for a DBA who can offer unique perspectives to a variety of database solutions, who can be instrumental in the implementation of a variety of database solutions. Additionally, our DBA will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the current database infrastructures we hold.
- Analyze and design relational table structures optimized for data warehousing
- Database backup and recovery
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements
- Tune high performance, high availability databases
- Create processes to ensure data integrity and identify potential data errors
- MySQL 5.x experience required (InnoDB and MyISAM, and other engines)
- 3+ Years DBA experience in development or production capacity
- Experience in Replication (Master - Master, Master to Slaves)
- 3+ Years experience designing, developing, tuning, optimizing, deploying and updating MySQL instances in a high volume environment with critical 100% uptime requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other staff members, to complete short and long-term projects
- Basic knowledge of Ubuntu / CentOS (Linux)
Special attention will be given to those showing expertise in server/storage hardware, SQL clustering, multi-language support, terabyte scale databases, or index tuning.
PHP/MySQL Programmers will work with the marketing team as well as the IT division to develop proprietary tools and further establish our competitive advantage.
- Analyze large amounts of data into meaningful results
- Build scalable data mining solutions
- Extensive knowledge of CSS, XML, RSS, Ajax, and Java
- Ability to write PHP, Perl, Python, and MySQL
- Advanced understanding of Linux command line
- 2+ years experience working with large data gathering, organization and storage projects